Dear Springboard interns,
I wish to inform you that the third season of Kairos Research Challenge for year 2014 kicks off and registration opens on 20 May (linked here). We continue evolving our research competition season after season. Updated rules and guidelines are attached for your reference. We will also provide a research report template for you to follow whereby you are required to fill up certain financials of your company. Lastly a quick checklist is provided for you to do a quick check before you submit your report to us.
In this season, you are required to find an excellent SHORT idea with more than 20% downside. We have also modified our rules such that you should only pick those liquid stocks with market cap above US$500m and liquidity of at least US$5m average value traded over the past one month. Our comprehensive rules and guidelines provides you the exact procedure with which you could check if your pick is qualified.
We also make it a requirement for you to call up company, and/or company’s competitor to find out more to facilitate your thesis. There will be demerit of 20 points if you fail to do so.
From this season onward, we are also providing a research report template. Please find it in attachment. You are free to modify the name of the section however the font and spacing in the template should be retained.
IMPORTANT NOTES: I would like to extract a few items from our rules and guidelines for you to take note:
1) Research summary to be strictly NO LONGER than 4 pages, exclusive of financial details and Q&As at the back of the report, and to be submitted by 12:00PM of July 3rd. Detailed guideline can be found in the attachment. We will only print four pages from your investment summary body for our judges.
2) Presentation to be strictly NO LONGER than 7 minutes. We will cut your presentation off right at 7 min, before when we will update you the time lapsed during your presentation.
3) We provided great depth of guideline for your investment summary and presentation. Please spend time reading our attachment.
4) Please take note of the following important dates:
- On May 18th 2014: Research competition guideline, restriction of stock pick, and research report template to be distributed to SpringboardTM’s advanced track intern. Followed by publicity for public registration.
- By June 5th 2014: Participant to respond to email firstname.lastname@example.org his/her stock pick
- By 12:00PM on July 3rd 2014 (Thursday): Participant to email email@example.com his/her research report, limited to 4 pages.
- On July 5th 2014 (Saturday): 7 min presentation by participants, followed by Q&A
To give you some sense of what has happened in the past, we have uploaded the top performers’ work (report and presentation) into our website. Those files can be found at our website:https://springboardtm.wordpress.com/about-us/downloads/
We will inform you the actual start time and venue of the event before July 5th. Please reach the venue at least 5 min early to conduct balloting to determine your sequence of presentation.
If you have any question, please direct your question to your regular Springboard contact, ie me, Yoman, or Eng Yew.
Please plan your time early and do your best!
Springboard Talent Management LLP